What are my client’s options for caregiver respite?
The Caregiver Respite Program offers a range of respite options to help caregivers get some much-needed relief from their caregiving responsibilities. A Respite Advisor will be happy to help you identify the respite option that would best meet your client’s needs.
Temporary in-home care
- Temporary in-home services delivered to the care recipient by trained staff
- Caregiver relief hours available to be used as needed
Short stay out-of-home care
- A temporary say for the care recipient in an alternate environment
- Stilled staff to provide care in the absense of the caregiver
Daytime out-of-home care
- Regularly scheduled structured day program in the community in a supervised environment
- Offers activities that promote wellness, dignity and enhance quality of life
- Caregiver relief for a few hours
Supervised care in an emergency
- In case of a family emergency, illness or unexpected absense
- Caregiver relief for a few hours or days